up the limno correl on White Fish Lake
- Initiated annual Burbot Derby to Promote the use of rough fish thus
alleviating the pressure on the prime species (pike, walleye, trout).
- Initiated the Family Fishing Derby to promote fishing as a family
- Kids fishing seminars to educate youth about conservation.
- Presentations to Wolf Cubs of Canada, about the importance of conservation
and fish management.
- User Group Round Table Meetings: to promote development of networking
between user groups and province.
- Received a grant in 1990 from Environment Canada to assist in the clean-up
of the Pineroot River System from Whitefish Lake to Wabishkok Lake.
- Developed picnic and fishing area at Wee Lake to be promoted as a "Kids
- Received grant to purchase a Limno Corral to assist in introducing "fry"
into local lakes. (see photo top of page)
- Regularly input suggestions to the Department of Fisheries regarding
proposed changes to regulations.
- Erection of a cairn at Bakers Narrows honoring Leone Grayson's World Record
Trout caught in Lake Athapapuskow in 1937. (pictures)
- Smallmouth Bass transfer from One Portage Lake to several other lakes to
enhance and diversify the number of lakes where the bass will be available.
- Stomach Analysis of burbot to determine if they competing with prime
species for the food supply. (photos)
Accomplishments | Future
Burbot Derby |
Family Fishing Derby |
This site is Hosted and Sponsored by:
By Kim Korte & Debbie Collins