We are a concerned group of business people who are interested in improving local conditions and promoting the welfare of the community and its area - to promote prosperity and growth in a united effort for the good of all.
Because you live and work in the community, you have an investment which can best be safeguarded by working with others through your CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. Your assistance and support in turn will assure the progress and consistent economic growth which must continue if we are to enjoy the life-styles that are important to us all.
The FLIN FLON & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, is a non-political/non-profit organization who is affiliated with the Canadian, Manitoba , and Saskatchewan Chambers of Commerce.
Your local CHAMBER has been hard at work seeking new benefits for their local members. Membership Benefits include the Merchants Discount on both Mastercard and Visa - these rates will result in substantial savings to you: Merchant Discount of 22% on MTS Long Distance Charges; Group Insurance Plan - over 450 Chambers of Commerce over 10,000 participating firms have said "yes" to the plan.
The CHAMBER OF COMMERCE in the strongest apolitcal organization in Canada working for free enterprise and the betterment of our City, Province, Country. A strong CHAMBER has a strong voice! Our goal is to promote growth in tourism, economic development, trade and commerce.
The CHAMBER works very hard to improve the sustainability and profitability of our members. Everything we do is designed to improve the local community. Unlike other community organizations, the CHAMBER is only responsible to you, our members. We currently have 77 paid members, which include 12 new members.
Now is the time for YOU to become a chamber member!
Flin Flon & District Chamber of Commerce
what it does for you!
- An organization representing all local businesses, in a unified voice.
- Representing local businesses throughout Manitoba
- Lobby local, Provincial and Federal Government and other Government agencies
- Put forth at the Manitoba Chamber Annual General Meeting
Education and Training
- Joint partnership workshops with Community organizations (ie: Creighton and Area Economic Development, Keewatin Community College)
- Education Subcommittee: Currently a film series runs through Video on
Channel 5. Tuesdays at noon, which covers a variety of topics.
- Business related promotions
- Information seminars
- Public forms
Economic Development Strategy
- An inventory of local resources, strengths and weaknesses, this can be ascertained through an existing Community Profit
- Determine the needs of the area and what it can reasonably support, a comparative analysis can be done with communities of similar size and situation (ie: isolation and HBM&S)
- A look at existing businesses and how they are affected by technology, increased tourism, hydro rates, etc. Consider types of businesses that would be of interest to attract for the reason of future development and expansion
- Consideration of available tools which the City and Chamber can assess or lobby.
- Inquiry letters are answered and Community brochures, City Maps, etc. are sent out
- Itineraries area put together for large groups visiting our area
Promotions and Publicity
- city map
- postcards brochures
- Joint effort with Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting and the Flin Flon Core Business Association
- BAKERS NARROWS DAY
- assists with:
- Sled Dog Race
- Christmas Lights Contes
- Trout Festival
- Chilly Willy Winter Festival
- Spring Clean up
- annual radio auction
- membership drive
- Executive Meetings, second and fourth Tuesday of the month
- General Meetings, first Tuesday of the month (open to the public - Guest Speaker)
- Evening Meetings scheduled throughout the year
- Each member entitled to one vote at General Meetings
- Lunch meetings currently held at the Flin Flon Indian-Metis Friendship Centre at noon
- Circulation of lunch meetings is being looked into
- Flin Flon & District Annual General Meeting
- Joint meetings with the Flin Flon Core Business Association
- Repesentative at both the Manitoba and Saskatchewan Annual General Meetings
- Working to establish meetings with other organizations to jointly work on enhancing our community in many areas
Other Services and/or Projects
- Biz Patrol, a joint effort with the Flin Flon Core Business Association, to hire students throught a grant to clean and beautify areas within our community
Back to WWW.FLIN FLON.NET